How to bridge the gap between the problem space and design space?
Summaries and Questions
Accessibility is the practice of removing barriers that prevent interaction or access to websites by people with disabilities.
- 4 Ways to Make Online Content More Accessible
- 7 Things Every Designer Needs to Know about Accessibility
- A is for Accessibility — 12 top tips for designing an inclusive user experience
- Accessibility according to actual people with disabilities - Axess Lab
- Accessibility for Visual Design
- Accessibility Guidelines
- Accessibility resources for designers
- Baby Boomers Are Aging–And Designers Need To Adapt
- Design Accessibly, See Differently: Color Contrast Tips And Tools
- Font Awesome & Accessibility
- Learn to Create Accessible Websites with the Principles of Universal Design
- Unlock your universibility
The branch of psychology that studies mental processes including how people think, perceive, remember and learn.
- Cognitive Styles: Get inside the user's head
- Designing for Human Memory
- Improving Usability with Fitts's Law
- Reducing Cognitive Overload For A Better User Experience
- Reducing Reliance on Superstition
- The Psychologist's View of UX Design
Conceptual models involve three views of a system; the user's mental model, the designer's model, and the system image.
- Affordances Design
- Human Centered Design & The 6 Fundamental Principles of Interaction Between Products and Users
- IBM Design: The three models - User
- The Secret to Designing an Intuitive UX: Match the Mental Model to the Conceptual Model
Creating experiences that are emotional appealing to people.
- Design for Emotion: Expert Tips by Aarron Walter
- Design for Emotion and Flow
- Designing Fun
- In Defense of Eye Candy
- Not Just Pretty: Building Emotion Into Your Websites
- The Art of Emotion — Norman’s 3 Levels of Emotional Design
- The dangers of delightful design
The design of products and services that consider the full range of peoples ability, age, culture and language.
- Designing for Inclusion
- Inclusive - Microsoft Design
- Inclusive Design: An Overview of Current Thinking
- Making the Web Accessible for Everyone With Inclusive Design and Diverse Personas
- What the Heck Is Inclusive Design?