What does a holistic user experience design process look like?
Summaries and Questions
CMPT-363 UX Design Process/Toolkit
A variation of the Agile methodology, which supports a more collaborative approach to various user experience design methods.
- Agile User Experience Design
- Bringing User Centered Design to the Agile Environment
- Fitting Big-Picture UX Into Agile Development
- User Experience and Agile
- UX and Agile: Tying the knot
Design ethics are values or aspects considered by designers during the creation of a service or product.
- 5 Keys to Ethical Design Research
- A Guide to Everyday Design Ethics
- Conducting Ethical User Research
- Designing ethically pt. 1
- Ethical Design: The Practical Getting-Started Guide
- Findings from Ethics in Design
- Start designing for transparency.
Often associated with use in start-ups, this methodology is focused on the rapid evaluation of hypotheses (i.e. learning loops), while putting in the minimal amount of effort required to test these hypotheses.
- Andy Budd::Blogography - My thoughts on Lean UX
- Jeff Gothelf on Design as a Hypothesis | The Hipper Element
- Lean Design for Good User Experience
- Lean UX: Rethink Development
Scenario-based Design (also known as Task-Centered Design)
Another form of user-centered design that relies on stories of user interaction as the source of guidance for design requirements.
- Five Reasons for Scenario-Based Design (PDF)
- Task-Centered User Interface Design - A Practical Introduction (incl. Amended Version)