What's Happening This Week 💫
- Mini-lectures and Activities Tue Sep 29th 2:30pm PDT
- Review and Discussion Thur Oct 1st 2:30pm PDT
Is your group interested in an open source mobile project other than the planned SFU MySchedule Mobile redesign? Post your group project proposal by Sep 28th.
Required Readings & One-Minute Summaries
- An essential guide to Usability Testing Wed Sep 30th 11:59pm PDT
- Write Better Qualitative Usability Tasks: Top 10 Mistakes to Avoid Wed Sep 30th 11:59pm PDT
Online Office (Student) Hours 👩🏻💻👨🏻💻
Looking Ahead to Next Week 🔭
Week 5 Live Blackboard Collaborate Sessions
- Mini-lectures and Activities Oct 6th 2:30pm PDT
- Review and Discussion Thur Oct 8th 2:30pm PDT
Week 5 Required Readings and One-Minute Summaries
- Assessing usability with Cognitive Walkthrough (14 minute read)
- Heuristic Analysis for UX – How to Run a Usability Evaluation (13 minute read)
- Severity Ratings for Usability Problems (5 minute read)
Week 5 Assignment Sneak Peek
How to plan, conduct, and summarize usability tests?
What is the practice of multi-device interaction design?
What is usability and user experience design?
Is this your first fully online course? If so, you might find these articles might be of help:
- 8 Strategies for Getting the Most Out of an Online Class
- What Makes a Successful Online Learner?
- How to study at home during coronavirus – by online students and tutors
BCcampus has a website to help support students during the COVID-19 pandemic which you might also find to be a helpful resource throughout the term:
Weekly course materials will be posted here by Saturday of each week. After the first week, one-minute summaries are due on Wednesday each week, and weekly review quizzes are due on Friday. Major assignments are usually due on Mondays.