Online Office Hours (Until Aug 19th)
Looking Ahead to the Final Exam
- Online Final Exam Aug 21st 12:00pm - 3:00pm PDT
- Do a Browser check before - Firefox or Google Chrome recommended
- Take the exam at a quiet location, with a wired Internet connection or strong WiFi signal
- Write your answers in a word processing app and then paste them into Quiz answer fields
- During the exam you can post questions in the Final Exam Clarifications discussion
- Only press the Submit button once when you have completed the Quiz
Have a question about the Final Exam after classes have ended? Post your question in the Final Exam Q&A forum.
Instructor design reviews, no regularly scheduled Blackboard Collaborate sessions.
What is the practice of systems-oriented design? / Special topics
What are the essentials of effective visual communication?
Instructor discovery research and exploratory storyboards meetings, no regularly scheduled Blackboard Collaborate sessions.
Zoom group meetings scheduled between 12noon and 5:00PM PDT Jul 7th - 9th.
How to bridge the gap between the problem space and design space?
How to understand and communicate people's needs and behaviours?
How to explore and communicate possible design solutions?
Prototyping 101: The Difference between Low-Fidelity and High-Fidelity Prototypes and When to Use Each | Adobe Blog (11 minute read)
Design Scenarios (16 minute read, incl. slides)
Chapter 2: Getting to Know Users and Their Tasks (12 minute read)
How to plan, conduct, and summarize usability tests?
How to conduct a user interface inspection?
Assessing usability with Cognitive Walkthrough (14 minute read)
An Overview of Expert Heuristic Evaluations (12 minute read)
Design Heuristics Lecture with Scott Klemmer, a Video Playlist (35 minutes in total)
Severity Ratings for Usability Problems (5 minute read)
What is the practice of multi-device interaction design?
What does a holistic user experience design process look like?
Course overview / What is usability and user experience design?
Is this your first fully online course? If so, you might find these articles might be of help:
- 8 Strategies for Getting the Most Out of an Online Class
- What Makes a Successful Online Learner?
- How to study at home during coronavirus – by online students and tutors
BCcampus recently launched a new website to help support students during the COVID-19 pandemic which you might also find to be a helpful resource throughout the term:
Weekly course materials will be posted here by Saturday of each week. One-minute summaries are due on Wednesday each week, and weekly review quizzes are due on Friday.